Industrial Automation Technician
As an Industrial Automation Technician, you’ll be a core member of the Operational Engineering group with the exciting mission: “To accelerate SRG Global’s factory of the future (FoTF) through exploration and implementation of transformational technologies, to solve current & future challenges in order to create & maintain an edge in manufacturing excellence.” In this role, you’ll work with the cross functional teams and plant partners to develop robust material flow and robotic automation solutions utilizing new & upgraded technologies, from opportunity evaluation to solution hand-off.
You’ll work with the Plant CFT’s to prioritize & introduce supply chain automation concepts including Automated Guided Vehicles, Automated Storage, Robotics systems, vision systems while helping the plants build a foundation of industrial engineering through a lean and value stream approach.
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Partner with the process platforms to analyze the value stream of new product, and designing connection solutions to realize optimal value creation through automation, and lights-out manufacturing while improving quality systems of the future
· Partner with the different capabilities such as MP&L to approach solutions holistically, and design-in improvements based on a strong lean foundation
· Support and help Maintain Funnel Cloud from a controls standpoint
· Support Plant Value Streams with implementation of permanent corrective actions and project implementations for current production applications
· Support the NA plants with solutions to help with current material flow challenges, and develop material handling automation best practices for all SRG Global
· Identify & evaluate supply chain automation, vision & robotics technologies and solution providers
• 3+ years experience as a PLC controls technician
• Have electrical knowledge and robot operation ability
• Robot Programming (Fanuc)
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong computer and problem-solving skills.