RECOVERY MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products mill in Pennington, AL is seeking a qualified individual to consider for the Recovery Manufacturing Engineer position in the Utilities Department. The Manufacturing Engineer will provide the necessary technical support to optimize the operation by working with operators, department management, and peers in other departments to improve reliability, efficiency, and lower operating cost. This position reports to the Utilities Business Unit Leader.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitate a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation
- Develop sustainable processes working with the Department coaches/supervisors
- Provide operational/business leadership and technical support (e.g. mass, heat, and energy balances) for the manufacturing process of the area and facilitating troubleshooting and problem solving to achieve goals
- Lead teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of safety, quality and/or cost reduction initiatives and projects that add the highest value to the operation to drive continuous improvement
- Recovery Boiler and Evaporator System Asset Owner – Champion maintenance prioritization, scheduled shutdowns, operator training, and capital projects
- Develop and support the effective use of automation and procedures in order to promote a safe and reliable operation
- Develop skills and knowledge to cover for Area Leader in their absence as well as on call responsibilities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with power generation and/or recovery / liquor cycle processes
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science
- Five (5) years or more experience with recovery and power processes
- Experience working in an integrated Utility Department (i.e. water treatment thru boiler operations, liquor cycle and evaporation, recovery process, recaust plant and electrical generation)
- Experience working in a Chemical Process Safety Management (CPS) covered processes
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf