Senior Cyber Security Architect (Remote)
As Senior Cyber Security Architect, you will play a key technical role in providing advisory and consulting services to Molex’s Digital Organization, and to Molex’s divisional and business units. Reporting directly to the CISO, you will work closely with our Digital and Technology organization to ensure Security-by-Design is proactive in agile projects, and you will support the Molex Architectural Review Board. You also will be required to maintain your knowledge of evolving architectural domains (e.g. Cloud, Zero Trust, Modern Architecture, Data-as-an-asset) in order to establish and maintain architectural security standards. You will collaborate with Koch’s Global Services organization and with other affiliate Koch affiliate companies to ensure security is an enabling component that brings value to Molex.
A successful candidate will be able to identify security opportunities, communicate and document security best practices, and effectively challenge legacy mental models. You will provide consultation on security best practices for internal and customer facing projects. This candidate will also serve as a mentor to the security practitioners internal to the Molex team, as well as being a soundboard for others across the organization. The ability to learn quickly and then execute is vital to this candidate’s success.
This role is open to remote candidates
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work alongside the business to build security into solutions that enable the business to deliver value for our customers.
- Define and enforce security architecture best practices: availability; redundancy schemes, performance, Disaster Recovery, DB and Interfacing Systems, etc.
- Ensure our documented standards provide the proper guidance and governance to produce secure solutions and infrastructure
- Recommend and experiment with new technologies to meet the constantly evolving demands of the platform and our customers.
- Review and recommend improvements for existing processes to improve our security posture
- Be a trusted advisor to the other Molex Technology teams and our business partners
- Be an MBM (our management philosophy) culture carrier and advocate in your daily interactions and work.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years’ experience in a Security Architect Role
- 7+ years’ combined experience in Security Operations, Security Engineering and/or Security Architecture specific roles
- Knowledge of maintaining and securing e-mail systems
- Knowledge of securing network and perimeter infrastructures
- Knowledge of working with and securing endpoints
- Knowledge of identity and access management
- Knowledge of how to perform design, build, support, or security activities in AWS
- Experience in communicating, advising, and leading discussions regarding security designs, requirements and solutions to varying levels of the organization
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Modern Security Architecture as it applies to Digital Transformation and Modern Architecture
- Experience with Threat Modelling
- Experience with Zero Trust concepts
- Experience with Agile ways of working
- Experience working with IoT Security
- Experience working within Operational Technology environments
- Experience in security best practices as they relate to software development, cloud environments, and networking
- Vendor neutral security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA) Cloud Security certifications (AWS Security Specialty, CCSK, CCSP)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $ 120,000 - $ 180,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf