Systems Architect (Remote)
Guardian is a leading worldwide manufacturer of float glass and fabricated glass products for the commercial and residential construction industries. The company is one of the top 100 global automotive suppliers. The company and its subsidiaries operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
The systems architect is responsible for ensuring that cross-functional considerations are incorporated into the functional and technical design specifications, focusing on strategic business capabilities and requirements. The individual will work with business systems analysts and coordinate with stakeholder and technical teams to ensure the delivery of a holistic solution design.
The architect is responsible for creating, documenting, and communicating solution overviews and alternatives to technical and business leaders to foster understanding of solution direction and to gain consensus support of the recommended solution approach.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop solutions/approaches including new process and policy changes, new system capabilities and/or configurations, partnering with the business community, and recommending potential alternatives
- Create and review functional and technical specifications and validate design/development specifications with technical development teams
- Ensure solutions are aligned with application strategies and identify opportunities, challenges, and migration road map to support strategies
- Take the initiative to learn and develop new skills and stay current on new and emerging technologies
- Educate stakeholders on application architecture risks to influence change that supports business and IT strategies
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years experience architecting, engineering, supporting, or developing business IT solutions in hosted and cloud environment
- Strong knowledge of architectural and integration design patterns
- Experience in application integrations and Enterprise Service Bus architecture using MuleSoft and/ or other middleware
- Experience in EAI and SOA best practices and development methodologies
- Experience in JMS, SOAP and REST Web Services standards
- Experience in application and API security, logging, auditing, policy management, performance monitoring and KPIs for end-to-end process execution
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of AWS and Apache Kafka
- Experience in working in a CI/CD environment and familiar with DevOps principles
- Experience in working in an Agile environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $110,000- $130,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf