FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN II
John Zink LLC is looking for a Field Service Technician in California!
$7,500.00 Sign-On Bonus
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is looking for a Field Service Technician in California to support our customers in Southern California, Nevada and Arizona regions. We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. This is a great opportunity to be part of a customer-facing support team. Our customers produce the world's energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer, and more economical way.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform checkout, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning/ startup of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment for our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to: pumps, motors, valves, actuators, and transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Specialists will be required to install, navigate, troubleshoot and alter all types of PLC’s (programmable controllers) PID loop controllers, VFD’s, HMI’s, and other control devices.
- Provide phone and on-line technical support for other JZ Technicians and customers.
- Provide end user training and participates in cross training within the service department.
- Provide recommendations on retrofit/modifications to existing equipment.
- Carry a company cell phone and remain on call for customer service as needed.
- Complete all required service ticket information and gets customer acceptance of services and parts provided.
- Generate/modify technical documents and drawings to represent final field changes and corrections for commissioning of equipment.
- Demonstrate safe work habits in an industrial environment.
- Travel extensively within the US, mainly throughout Southern California, Arizona and Nevada. 75% travel should be expected.
- Able to stand, stoop, reach lift overhead, and sit for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 100 pounds of weight
- Able to hear distinct sounds, visualize all colors of spectrum and visually see up close and at distance.
- This work is in an outdoor environment and long workdays on occasion.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years of experience understanding and applying National Electrical code (NEC)
- 2+ years of experience reading and understanding P&ID’s, fabrication drawings, and electrical schematics
- 3+ year experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Able to travel over 75% of the time
- Proven Mechanical Aptitude and ability to work independent to solve problems
- Two (2) year technical degree or 1 year electrical or equivalent in a relevant field or military service
- A TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) will have to be obtained within first six (6) weeks of employment
- Electrical and mechanical skills
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Must live in California or willing to relocate.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years’ experience working on all types of industrial, electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters and PLC equipment
- 5+ years’ experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to read schematics and wiring programs
- 5+ years’ experience with safety, OSHA, and NFPA 70E
- Experience troubleshooting with 120, 220, 480 VAC, and 24VDC wiring and circuits
- Experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix, RS Linx, and GE Rx3i Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Capability of programming, calibrating and configuring 4-20 MA loop devices.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf