Project Engineer - R&D Test Center
This job posting is no longer active.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is seeking a Project Engineer (PJE) to work in our Research and Development Test Center located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our state-of-the-art Test Center allows us to provide performance tests and demonstrations of our technologies prior to shipping equipment to our customers. In addition, the Center is utilized for new technology innovation and R&D testing for the markets we serve including international refining, petro-chemical, and power generation markets. This position is located in Tulsa, OK.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The John Zink R&D Test Center was first built in 1991 and as such there are many project opportunities for Center upgrades and replacements. With the ultimate goal in mind of bringing added value to our customers, these projects are geared towards making our Center more efficient to operate, easier to maintain, and further advancing our position as a leader in industrial technologies.
The primary responsibility of this role is the efficient design and execution of capital projects for the Test Center. The Center contains a variety of equipment types such as furnaces, flare systems, thermal oxidizers, boilers, pumps, motors, Center utilities, etc. As such, the role provides an opportunity for the PJE to creatively solve an array of engineering challenges related to each of these equipment types. The PJE who fills this role will be heavily involved in the upfront engineering / design / estimating of each project, the project execution of that design, and the installation and commissioning of the equipment.
The majority of projects executed by the Test Center engineering team are inward facing and purposed to meet the needs of the Center with a continual awareness that all projects are ultimately focused on bringing added value to our customers. To this end, an expectation is placed on the PJE of taking ownership and having a focused commitment to both EH&S and good quality engineering and fabrication practices. The PJE will be expected to take ownership of their assigned projects with respect to design, schedule, on time performance (OTP), budget, etc. with the support of other company disciplines (i.e. I&C engineering, structural engineering, Operations, QA/QC, EH&S, and drafting).
This role will also fill the growing need to support R&D efforts led by the Technology Management team. The main focus being support of upfront strategy planning, equipment drafting, fabrication, scheduling, and financial tracking.
The John Zink R&D Test Center is an exciting and ever-changing environment with a culture that places a high degree of emphasis on teamwork, safety, and quality.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience managing project budgets, schedules, equipment design, equipment fabrication, and sub-contract labor / fabrication of equipment for the petrochemical / oil & gas industry.
- Knowledge of and the ability to read P&IDs, mechanical equipment spec sheets, fabrication details, isometric drawings, etc.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with good quality fabrication practices (example: ITPs, NDE, WPS / PQRs, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience managing project budgets, schedules, equipment design, equipment fabrication, and sub-contract labor / fabrication of equipment for the petrochemical / oil & gas industry.
- Do you have experience managing the installation and commissioning of industrial equipment.
- Experience with process design / engineering for refinery and chemical processing equipment (examples: packaged equipment, boilers, furnaces, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, rotating equipment, control systems, piping, etc.)
- Process design experience of combustion systems (examples: furnaces, flares, thermal oxidizers, etc.)
- Test engineering experience
- Operations experience in a refinery type environment
- Knowledge and experience with Hazardous Operation (HAZOP) / Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) equipment design review.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.