Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
Flint Hills Resources is seeking a highly motivated Instrumentation & Electrical Technician with the ability to work independently while using good judgment in Corpus Christi, TX and surrounding areas. The right candidature will be creating value for the Pipelines & Terminals organization while using critical thinking skill to solve problems.
This role comes with a fully equipped company work truck, technician tools, and uniforms.
This role also offers a flexible 9/80’s work schedule, meaning there is the potential for every other Friday off depending on workload.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Specification, installation, testing and repair of all types of electrical / electronic equipment used in the operation of Truck loading facilities and Pipeline pump stations.
- Specify, install and program all types of PLC, flow computer and other metering and communication equipment, work on motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters and complete required documentation
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 4160 VAC
- Read and interpret blueprints and understand and apply the National Electrical Code
- Support daily pipeline and terminal operations as training and qualifications allow
- Provide on call rotational support for local area facilities
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience working on all types of industrial electrical and electronic equipment including but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, meters and transmitters. This includes both installation, routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- 1+ years of experience installing/maintaining flow computers, PLC, and communications equipment
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical one-lines and understand and apply the National Electrical Code
- Electrical skills (AC/DC Voltages) with proven ability to test voltages of 3 phase power
- Mechanical, maintenance, and electrical skills
- Computer Knowledge including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and proprietary database
- Valid driver's license
- Able to respond to an emergency call out within a 30 minute window to the facility in Corpus Christi, TX ( 8125 Up River Road, Corpus Christi TX, 78409)
- Previous leadership experience in the maintenance field
- Small project planning, budgeting and execution
- 10+ years of experience working on all types of industrial electrical and electronic equipment including but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, flow computers and PLC equipment
- 6+ months of experience with Management of Change (MOC) documentation
- 3+ years of liquid or gas pipeline experience
- 3+ years of truck loading terminal experience
- OSHA and NFPA 70E training / application experience
- Two-year Technical (electrical or instrumentation) Degree
- HAZWOPER trained
- PLC Programming experience
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing rule or “TWIC” and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf