Automation Design Engineer
Molex creates connections for life by enabling technologies that transform the future and improve lives. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a complete range of connectivity products, services and solutions for the data communications, medical, industrial, automotive and consumer electronics industries. Our Datacom and Specialty Solutions (DSS) team designs an extensive product line serving customers in telecommunications, datacom, hyperscalers, data center and storage applications.
The key responsibility of the Automation Design Engineer in the DSS group is to design and develop automated machinery and tooling to support the mass production of high-speed cables and connectors. The Automation Design Engineer will support the machine development including sourcing equipment, mechanical design and adhering to the project delivery schedule. This person will be involved with the entire project from initial concept through transition to global mass production sites. The core projects will be focused on automation and deployment of semi-auto and fully automatic manufacturing solutions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Designs new connector and cable manufacturing machinery utilizing the Siemens NX CAD software.
- Works with engineering department to determine design complete dates
- Attends Design Reviews to improve current and future designs of automation
- Prepares debug and setup documentation for designs
- Tracks projects using internal methods for summarizing component cost, labor, and lead-time
- Develops accurate, up-to-date BOM’s and Spare Tooling Lists
- Understands, supports, and contributes to complete projects according to internal product development procedures, TQM and IS/QS-9000 requirements.
- Embraces Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- International Travel: Up to 10% per year.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering Technology or Manufacturing
- 5+ years’ Machine Design Experience
- Proficient in Siemens NX
- Experience with high speed synchronous, asynchronous, flexible (robotics) assembly systems
- Experience delivering multiple possible design concepts to solve a process challenge
- Expertise in the design and documentation of machine assemblies in CAD
- Understanding of GD&T and knowledge of where to preform tolerance analysis and finite element analysis.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience working with interconnect or cables
- Design experience in the electronics industry.
- Toolmaking Knowledge (Understanding of manual and CNC machining capabilities)
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems design knowledge
- Experience reading electrical schematics
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf