Georgia-Pacific is seeking experienced manufacturing employee for our Forklift Operator –role in our Dudley, NC Lumber facility.
This position offers opportunities to advance as new skills are acquired and openings occur. If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
Starting hourly pay would be $18.50.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to company safety policies
- Safely operate a forklift to load lumber on trucks and rail cars to avoid customer delays
- Transport, set up, and store lumber packs in the lumber shed in a safe and timely manner to avoid downtime
- Properly transport and stack packs to avoid quality defects and product downgrades
- Properly re-stack and band lumber for either shipment or storage.
- Keep lift paths, staging areas, and storage areas clean and orderly
- Keep reliable and accurate records i.e. lift inspections and operation/safety observations
- Clean around machinery, clean equipment and tools
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 1 year of experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Will work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Willing and able to change shifts when given short notice (e.g. one day's notice).
- Experience working in a team environment with minimum supervisory guidance.
- Experience demonstrating effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time (i.e lifting, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing ladders/stairs)
- Must maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
Experience troubleshooting quality issues
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of Dudley’s Safety Vision
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com