Georgia Pacific is currently recruiting for a Master Technician for Georgia-Pacific Gypsum in Quanah, TX. In this role, you will be part of the continued operation and reliability improvements of all production lines. This position will work closely with operators, millwrights, electricians and various members of the management team. This Master Technician role will work in a high energy, dynamic organization established on the principles of an adaptive work system focused on the execution of reliability strategies. They will learn, apply and teach the equipment theory of operation and the operational processes.
This position starts at $40.00/hour! Read below to learn more.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively identify hazards and mitigate risk
- Adhere to high standards for quality and product safety
- Troubleshoot assets and processes in the production system
- Effectively communicate valuable information to the team using a variety of tools (verbal, written, electronic, etc.)
- Apply knowledge and expertise while building and improving asset strategies
- Evaluate and provide feedback regarding operating targets and limits
- Continuously build technician and other reliability technician capabilities
- Assist in shutdown planning and lead execution of that work
- Support and mentor zone owners and the equipment's Primary Person Responsible (PPR)
- Actively lead problem solving efforts and drive to the root cause
- Able to run equipment as needed
- Understand and apply the principles of DFR (Design for Reliability)
- Management of on the floor construction tasks such as Safe Work Permit issuer and Task Coordinator
- Work eight (8) and twelve (12) hour shifts, holidays, weekends, overtime, and be on-call as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) years' industrial mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors, etc
- Experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings
What Will Put You Ahead
- Operations experience on wallboard equipment or mill mechanical maintenance experience within the last five (5) years
- Ability to use laser alignment for all rotary equipment installations
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience interpreting and analyzing motor failures
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf