Human Resources Business Partner
We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team at Georgia-Pacific’s paper mill in Palatka, FL, where we manufacture retail paper towel and tissue products. Approximately 1000 employees work at this fully integrated (start with wood chips, finish with sellable product), union represented mill. The Palatka Mill is critically important to GP’s Consumer Products business, and the HRBP will have an opportunity to positively impact culture, the operation’s overall talent position to achieve business results, and HR transformation to a new service delivery model. This position will require that you live within commuting distance of Palatka, FL or be open to relocating. In addition to Palatka, the neighboring communities of St. Augustine and Jacksonville provide great experiences for individuals and families. The individual will have the opportunity to work from home regularly in coordination with other HR team members and as business needs permit. Georgia-Pacific encourages career development, self-actualization, and internal mobility. With many facilities in the Southeast region of the U.S., it is recommended the individual in this role be open to new opportunities at the Palatka mill and at other facilities within the Southeast region.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Ensure employees connect with how they create value for the company; identify talent gaps that are obstacles and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes to include continued automation of transaction work and leveraging shared capabilities across the business.
- Provide strategic guidance to leaders in areas of change management and employee development.
- Leverage data driven solutions to support business and advance results.
- Partner with various capabilities teams to improve our talent position – selection, attraction, and retention.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Optimize risk to the Company by effectively interpreting current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Foster healthy Union relations Foster knowledge sharing culture to profitably improve efficiency and consistency for GP and to discover untapped value and partner with other HR leaders across GP to share information and best practices.
- Be “forward thinking” to anticipate needs and issues before they arise.
The Experience You Will Bring
The Experience you will bring:
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking skills to influence positive outcomes, supported by customer and peer feedback
- Strong individual willingness and capability to implement change. Effective results apparent in HR; manufacturing or commercial business efforts; and site or team-specific outcomes for key initiatives.
- Demonstrated positive relationships and collaboration with key stakeholders, leveraged capabilities, and peers across the organization
- Performance history of strong coaching skills, openly sharing knowledge, and flexibility
- Ability to effectively prioritize based on value, understanding of how/where HR Generalists can quickly impact team members positively
- Knowledge of foundational labor and employment law, and current regulations
- Proven experience identifying opportunities and leading improvements to existing HR and business processes, including talent mobility, selection, performance management, talent/organizational planning, HR systems, etc.
- Bachelor's degree OR demonstrated work experience in Human Resources or related field
- Experience supporting supervisors/leaders
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with data analytics; analyzing data, pulling reports, etc. to execute on opportunities
- Labor Relations experience (grievances, contract interpretation, etc.)
- Experience developing and aligning initiatives to accelerate achievement of strategic business objectives
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf