Instrumentation Reliability Engineer
GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth as a result of reinvesting 90% of our earnings
We are looking for our next Instrument Reliability Engineer who will support and take ownership of site-wide instrument integrity, reliability, and overall instrument health through the evaluation and application of best practices.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Identify, evaluate, and deploy new technologies and new ways of accomplishing our reliability goals.
- Prepare specifications, designs, and construction packages for instrument scopes of work including Controls, PLC, DCS, analyzers, transducers, wireless sensors, control valves, and regulators.
- Champion reliability strategies and develop project justifications to address plant reliability concerns and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead root cause failure analysis related to equipment and recommended corrective actions to eliminate reoccurrence and bad actors.
- Provide technical solutions through the collection, analysis, and summary of data and trends.
- Partner with Operations and Technicians to develop new reliability tools while building capabilities in the operation and technician teams.
- Advance the organizations technical expertise by keeping up to date with new technology and design changes.
- Facilitate industry leading Reliability Safety Programs, i.e., SIS, Safety Managers, IPL, SIF, Critical Alarms, Interlocks, and Burner Management Systems.
- Solve technical problems and steer economic decisions while working with a diverse workforce.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot issues using transformative and innovative approaches.
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
- Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Availability for flexible hours based on job requirements
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights
- Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
- Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
- Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
- Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
- 10 %travel, including air
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
- At least 5 Years’ experience in Maintenance/design/reliability roles in a fertilizer, Chemical, power or petrochemical facility.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Instrumentation & Control Engineer Degree and 5 years’ experience in a Fertilizer facility.
- Knowledge of facility/process design in tuning, engineering, and PSM standards
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis of process control issues, identifying and implanting corrective actions
- Experience working with plant networks (Server/Clients) and process control hardware
- Experience with engineering software
- Experience applying statistical tools to identify "Bad Actor" equipment (ie: Reliability Modeling, Root Cause Analysis, RCA)
- Working knowledge of compliance and engineering standards (NEC, NFPA, API, OSHA, ISA, EPA, and other RAGAGEP’s)
- Demonstrated experience leading technical initiatives, troubleshooting and projects
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQ section at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.