Utilities Production Leader
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking qualified professionals to consider for our Utilities Production Leader to take a leadership role in the safe and environmentally compliant operation of a Recovery Boiler, Power Boilers and Turbines, Recaust Plant, and Water & Effluent treatment systems within our Naheola manufacturing operation located in Pennington, AL.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safety and environmental compliance are core values for Georgia-Pacific employees, so developing a culture where employees identify and address risk and hazards, unsafe behaviors and participate and make suggestions for improvement is crucial to our success as a business, operation and team.
- Ensure adherence with corporate policies and industry best practices relative to the operation and maintenance of recovery and power boilers, turbines, steam, and power distribution systems.
- Motivate and develop a team of salaried and hourly employees to continuously improve department performance and business management.
- Develop and provide direct supervision over departmental Shift Front Line Leaders
- Development of “On Shift Capability” toward the Facilities Goal of a Culture of “Shift Runs the Shift”
- Provide leadership to meet/exceed key performance indicators in safety, environmental compliance, reliability, production, and cost.
- Regularly communicate and direct departmental priorities to achieve mill and company visions.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, leaders up and down the organization, and a union hourly workforce.
- Coordination with leaders in supported operating departments (Pulp, Board Machines & Tissue Machines)
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts in operations, productivity, and waste elimination.
- Use Reliability concepts (i.e. root cause failure analysis, operator basic care) and critical thinking skills to effectively troubleshoot and solve complex operating issues.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Experience with the management of boilers, electrical power generation, and feedwater treatment
- 5 or more years of experience working within a utilities segment within a manufacturing/industrial operation
- 5 or more years of experience supervising direct reports
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Paper Science
- Experience working with Kraft recovery process (recovery boilers, kilns, causticizing), electrical power generation, and waste water treatment
- Experience working within a pulp and paper manufacturing operation
- Experience working with root cause failure analysis
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf