Journeyman Maintenance Mechanic
Journeyman Maintenance Mechanic
Georgia-Pacific’s Cedar Springs, GA facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country. The facility has approximately 500 employees with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper and containerboard paper. It is located in the southwest corner of Georgia about 25 miles from Dothan, AL, just 1.5 hours from two major capital cities: Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. To learn more about our Packaging Division, visit www.gppackaging.com
Georgia-Pacific Cedar Springs, GA is looking for a Journeyman Maintenance Mechanic with a combined certification in Millwright/Machinist or Pipefitter/Millwright for our Cedar Springs, GA mill. This important role supports the production efficiency through performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing mechanical issues on the plant’s equipment and machinery. Successful candidates for this position must be self-motivated, skilled professionals with a working knowledge of manufacturing mechanical troubleshooting.
The schedule for this position is from 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday; after six months you will be assigned to a shift.
The starting pay for this position is $38.89 per hour.
What Will You Do In Your Role
· Troubleshooting mechanical equipment and systems in order to maintain expected machine performance
· Inspecting machinery to identify issues that may lead to unplanned downtime
- Participating in a preventative maintenance program to ensure machinery uptime
- Helping facility meet or exceed production waste and quality goals
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Communicating daily work performed and machine conditions via written and verbal documentation
- Using a computer for record-keeping, documentation functions
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least three (3) years of mechanical millwright experience within a heavy manufacturing or industrial military environment
- Experience with precision shaft alignment by reverse dial indication method or laser alignment equipment
- Experience reading blueprints, technical and mechanical drawings, Process & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s) and schematics
- Experience in the use of light rigging, such as chain falls, chokers, slings, nylon belts, monorails, eyebolts, shackles, and beam clamps
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors and working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience with precision measurement work, reading tap charts, using a cutting torch and welding with an arc welder
What Will Put You Ahead
· Experience operating the following: 6 ton cranes, forklifts, aerial lifts, and/or overhead cranes
- Experience working in a paper mill
- Experience following up with work plans and schedules
- A minimum of two (2) years of mechanical technical schooling
- Completion of a mechanical apprenticeship program
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com