Georgia-Pacific has an exciting opportunity for a talented Reliability Engineer position at our Port Hudson, LA facility supporting the paper machines. Located just north of Baton Rouge, LA and west of Zachary, LA, the Port Hudson mill employs about 350 people and has two tissue/towel paper machines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Quilted Northern® and Brawny®. The paper machines are state of the art for the manufacture of premium tissue & Towel paper.
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for supporting efforts to create an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety. This individual will collects, categorizes, analyzes, and reports production data. That information is then assimilated to identify and prioritize opportunities to eliminate the primary causes for production losses through value-based gap analysis. This is followed by collaboration with key personnel within the facility and organization to develop and execute gap closure plans to identify the capture the highest value opportunities. The Reliability Engineer also will lead our RCFA work system, including researching failure mechanisms, assist in identifying and implementing corrective actions, potentially including small capital projects. Strong communication, analytical problem-solving, mechanical aptitude, strategic thinking, a reliability mindset and attention to detail are all important skills for this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safety & Compliance: Commitment to environmental, health, & safety excellence. Leads in a way that clearly values safety, regularly engages in and encourages safety participation amongst crew including facilitating safety meetings Possesses a passion for identifying and mitigating critical hazards
- The Reliability Engineer develops and executes asset strategies for paper making assets and reports to the Production Manager.
- Building asset strategies and systems including Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM): organizing and managing asset reliability strategies involving appropriate application of condition monitoring and preventative maintenance using an RCM-based approach.
- Equipment troubleshooting and benchmarking
- Root Cause Analysis Champion: finding and resolving organizational issues that lead to premature equipment or process failure by utilizing strong interview skills, RCFA leadership, attention to detail and a learning mindset.
- Asset performance tracking and reporting. Gap analysis and the development of improvement plans to drive long term economic value. Development and application of best practices.
- Provide technical support on both capital and non-capital projects.
- Transfer technical knowledge to operators and supervisors and promote continuing development of operator efficiency.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two-year degree in Engineering/Maintenance OR 4 years of Millwright experience
- 1 or more years of experience working within a continuous manufacturing environment with an operation, maintenance, reliability focus or equivalent military experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); PowerPoint – (presentation creation/editing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in engineering or Pulp and Paper Sciences degree
- Experience with collecting, assembling, and analyzing data, including operator interaction data
- Experience working with paper machine assets or other consumer products manufacturing assets
- Experience working in a pulp or paper operation
- Experience using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) concepts to resolve issues concerning manufacturing assets
- Experience using Microsoft Project and have experience with computer-based maintenance management systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf