This job posting is no longer active.
The Tooling Department at SRG Global headquarters in Southern Troy, Michigan is searching for an engineering professional with a passion for driving continuous improvement in process efficiency and effectiveness.
The Gage Engineer position will be highly interfaced with the SRG Global team. The position will require values and beliefs consistent with the company culture, along with the expected knowledge and skills. This key position is a on hands position with the expectation of striving for flawless launch.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage Gage Programs from development to implementation
- Drive Suppliers and SRGG Teams to ensure KPI deliverables are met
- Mitigate risk by developing alternative plans when Customers or Suppliers cannot meet all required deliverables on time
- Update / maintain SRGG Gage Tracker, Trak IT, ITS tracking systems as required
- Interact with Cost Estimating as required to clarify customer expectations and cost
- Attend Cross Functional Team (CFT) meetings throughout program
- Develop RFQs for In Process (SRGG) and End Item (customer) gages
- Ensure customer requirements (from SCCAF, FVML, HIDS, KFDs, etc, are contained in RFQs
- Ensure SRGG manufacturing requirements are contained in RFQs
- Make decisions, and assumptions with respect to locating schemes, and SPC / Data points (when all documentation is not available)
- Determine gage sourcing with Purchasing, based on Cost, Quality, Delivery, and Supplier Capacity
- Issue Purchase Orders
- Guide design concept through final design
- Coordinate / lead kickoff meetings to awarded suppliers
- Coordinate / lead SRGG approval meetings
- Support customer approval meetings as required
- Act as a Liaison between Customers, and gage shops as required
- Monitor gage build progress, and eliminate roadblocks to ensure timing is met
- Visit gage shops regularly, or virtually to keeping programs on track.
- Coordinate shipment of gages to tool trials, the Advance Development Center, and Manufacturing facilities as required
- Attend initial trials (first time gage sees a part), in person (virtually, if travel bans prohibit travel to local shops in Canada)
- Take a hands-on approach and load parts on gage, and show other team members (Engineering, Processing, Program Management, etc) how to load parts to ensure parts are being loaded correctly
- Communicate part requirement needs for GRRs to Cross functional team members
- Generate / review open issues list at trials, and communicate with gage shop to ensure issues are closed by next trial
- Root Cause Gaging issues as they arise (functional fit, R&R, measurement discrepancies / concerns)
- Ensure gages meet SRG standard requirements as outlined in SRGG Gaging Standards
- Ensure all issues are closed prior to gage arriving at Advanced Development Center for final processing runs
- Evaluate Engineering Changes, and provide cost and timing feedback in SOLID System to the Cross Functional Team
- Interact with APQP, Design, Engineering, Tooling, and Manufacturing Teams throughout the life of the program as required
- Lead, support, or document any Customer final buyoffs, prior to shipping to SRGG Manufacturing, as required
- Travel to, and support the Advanced Development Center and manufacturing facilities on site as required
- Utilize Virtual capabilities to reduce cost when appropriate, or when travel restrictions are in imposed
- Apply Lessons Learned knowledge to reduced cost and timing, improve quality, and improve efficiency where possible
- Expand and adapt Market Based Management value skill sets to daily activities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering
- Five (5) years’ experience in GD&T, gage design, construction, and Dimensional Management
- Knowledge of GR&R processes (XBAR-R and ANOVA)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with Automotive OEM and large Tier I customers
- CAD Experience– Catia, Solidworks, 3D CAD etc.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.