Join the team! Flint Hills Resources, a leading refining, chemicals and biofuels company is growing and we are looking for the best people to grow with us. We are looking for candidates who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who want to find fulfillment in what they do.
If this sounds like you, then we invite you to apply to join the Flint Hills Resources team. We are a privately held fast growing company, so the opportunities for development and advancement are abundant.
Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our Asphalt plant in Marshall, MN. As an Operations Technician you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal including basic functions such as receipt and shipment of raw materials and asphalt products, manufacturing of asphalt products, quality control testing, inspections and record keeping, computer oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility. You will assist with the successful loading and unloading of asphalt products by truck and production of finished products to meet customer demands.
Additional Operations Technician activities may include, but are not limited to: product transfers, production, mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of safety system devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, and piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to an asphalt facility.
In the event of terminal and other system "call outs," you are willing to be available for an on-call rotation during selected nights and weekends as required by the number of personnel in rotation. Team members must be willing to occasionally travel (with overnight stays) for training and meetings.
- A valid driver's license
- Willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (e.g., hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, safety work boots, as required)
- Willingness to occasionally travel (with overnight stays) in order to attend training and meetings
- Willing and able to reside within an approximate 30 minute drive of the terminal in Marshall, MN
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical knowledge
- At least two years construction/maintenance experience in the refined products and/or oil and gas industry (Mechanical/Industrial trade school will be considered work experience)
- A Two-year technical or mechanical degree.
- Experience managing small projects and/or managing contractors on site.
Physical Demands or Unusual Working Conditions:
- Ability to comply with the physical requirements of the position: Safely lift at least 50 pounds, negotiate in, and around piping at both grade level and above grade level elevations, navigate vertical ladders and spiral tank stairs to reach work areas, occasionally enter confined spaces through manways, and tolerate scents common to fuels and asphalts loading operations, as well as those of construction and maintenance related activities such as welding, painting, and tank cleaning.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf