Senior Accountant (Remote)
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Georgia Pacific is looking for a Senior Accountant! This role can sit remotely (travel as needed) OR if in the Atlanta, GA area, work a hybrid schedule.
This role will support our Packaging Segment Revenue team and will be responsible for a variety of revenue related accounting workstreams. The successful candidate must be self-directed, able to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines. Intellectual curiosity and a desire to acquire new proficiencies are also important success factors for this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform month-end closing activities and support company-wide reporting needs
- Perform financial statement reviews and balance sheet account reconciliations, maintain financial statement integrity
- Reconcile financial data between source manufacturing systems and reporting systems
- Provide testing, validation, and feedback to support business migration to a new ERP
- Lead and participate in projects to optimize current business processes
- Work with internal/external auditors and provide audit support
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or work experience demonstrating progressive responsibility and knowledge
- Course work including Intermediate Accounting and Cost Accounting
- Experience with general accounting functions (i.e. general ledger, month-end close, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations, account analysis)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel – spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Work experience in accounting or financial analysis
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as: PowerBI, Tableau, or Alteryx
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf