R&D Technician (1st Shift)
Guardian Glass, LLC has an immediate opening for a R&D Technician - Thin Film Coating Technician. This is a 1st shift position that is based out of our Science and Technology Center in Carleton, MI. The selected individual will be at the forefront of research and development for thin film deposition coatings at Guardian's Science and Technology Center. This individual will create value by partnering with scientists to carry out organizational research goals. If you enjoy hand-on work in a team environment, we have the opportunity for you!
At Guardian Science and Technology Center (STC), we create products that shape the very landscape of our cities and towns. From commercial to residential, Guardian is helping the world see what is possible through coated glass products. Come transform with us and drive innovative products to the next level of commercialization
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in core research
- Assist scientists in the creation of prototype thin film coatings
- Safely operate the Large Area Vacuum Coater (LAVC) pilot sputter deposition tool
- Ensure customer film depositions are carried out efficiently and without error
- Operate optical and mechanical characterization equipment
- Maintain existing equipment and lab facilities
- Improve departmental capability
- Lead R&D project work
- Possess excellent communication skills & attention to detail
- Follow complex instructions
- Demonstrate high levels of motivation and is willing and comfortable working in a highly entrepreneurial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma, equivalent, or higher
- Four (4) or more years' experience in one or more of the following categories:
- Research & Development
- Manufacturing environment
- Willing & able to work first shift: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
- Experience troubleshooting equipment (i.e. electrical, mechanical, pneumatic)
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree or higher in Engineering, Science, or related field AND two (2) or more years' experience in R&D or a manufacturing environment
- Experience with thin film depositions and vacuum related hardware
- Experience operating a fork truck and/or overhead crane
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf