Georgia-Pacific has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic at our facility in Antioch, CA. This is a skilled hourly position starting at $42.00 per hour requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. This position creates value by performing predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime, reliability, and the assurance of meeting production and quality goals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, and dismantling industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
- Performing periodic maintenance routines on equipment to achieve optimal performance
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of two (2) years’ mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics & pneumatics
- Experience with fabricating, torch cutting, and arc welding
- Experience with reading blueprints and precision measurements
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors, rollers, pulleys, and shafts
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Willing and able to adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, on-call, and rotating shifts
What Will Put You Ahead
- Skilled trade certificate in Journeyman Mechanics or a Union Journeyman Trade Card
- Five (5) or more years’ mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Technical Degree or higher in a Mechanical Maintenance program
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf