PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
Flint Hills Resources in Corpus Christi, Texas is looking for a Performance Improvement Engineer to join their team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of an industry leading company, this may be the opportunity for you! Flint Hills Resources, LC operates oil refineries, chemicals plants and biofuels facilities across North America and is part of Koch Industries, a global leader in several industrial markets.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company, we are privately owned, we have a 9/80 flexible schedule, and our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create. Come realize your full potential and join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a Performance Improvement Engineer, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Learn Lean Concepts and develop as a professional practitioner by leading and facilitating in performance improvement initiatives and Value Creation Events (VCEs).
- Champion and promote the use of Lean Concepts within MBM culture.
- Participate in the facilitation of Lean training and seek out the opportunity to teach others who may benefit from the use of these concepts including developing others’ abilities to identify opportunities for improving work processes and creating smooth flow.
- Lead successful value creation events that align with FHR-CC’s vision, meet sponsors objectives, create measurable value for the business, and partner to sustainably transition to the Owner.
- Proactively seek out improvement opportunities within the organization to improve refinery performance and reduce waste.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience in petroleum refinery or chemical manufacturing facility
- 2+ years of experience with following or creating complex work processes (value stream mapping for example)
- High school diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related science from an ABET-accredited program
- Course work in Industrial Engineering and/or previous experience with Lean Manufacturing
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf