Safety Senior Site Leader - Health & Safety Department
This job posting is no longer active.
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Join INVISTA as a Senior Site Leader - Health & Safety Department at our Kingston, Ontario, Canada site. The INVISTA Performance Solutions Kingston site is one of the world’s largest Nylon 6,6 polymer and fiber manufacturing facilities and is operated by a team of over 600 employees and contractors.
We are seeking a professional level leader with a passion for health and safety, and the desire to advance your career into and potentially beyond this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Accountable for leading the continued evolution of a strong vision for safety, along with strategies and initiatives to enable teams to achieve it
- Work with site teams to develop appropriate solutions to mitigate risks and improve safety and risk capability and culture
- Integrate Health and Safety in the shift organization
- Ensuring on-going compliance with a broad spectrum of safety-related regulations and standards
- Creating new and effective ways to measure and govern the on-going health of safety programs
- Provide field health & safety support to site operations and projects personnel
- Foster incident investigation excellence
- Conduct and manage industrial hygiene exposure assessment process
- Oversee the management of the employee occupational health surveillance program
- Support Supervision, HR, and the Risk Team in the injury/illness case management process
- Manage Chemical Management Program (to include, SDS review process and managing site chemical inventory)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree in Engineering and /or Health & Safety related field OR 5+ years of experience in a Health & Safety or related operations leadership role
- Solid regulatory knowledge (include OHSA, ACGIH, NFPA and other S&H RAGAGEP)
- Demonstrated safety and health program management, including experience developing and implementing safety and health programs
- Experience in Health & Safety or operations compliance auditing and governance
- Demonstrated leadership capability with a history of getting results through others
What Will Put You Ahead
- Manufacturing or Petrochemical industry experience
- Proven supervisory or operations leadership experience
- Achieved, working toward or eligible for H&S certification, including CRSP, CSP, CHST, CHMM, CIH, etc.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.