Mechanical Reliability Engineer
At INVISTA, we make the chemicals, polymers, fabrics, and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands, create new solutions for life’s biggest needs, and deliver products and brands incorporated into your clothing, your car, and even your carpet. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including Dytek® intermediates, Cordura® Advanced fabrics, and Antron® carpet fiber.
Our Victoria, TX plant is currently looking for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer.
Mechanical Reliability Engineer responsibilities will include support and ownership of site-wide mechanical integrity, reliability, and equipment health with a focus on Site/Business competitiveness.
This role works a 9/80 schedule and is eligible for relocation and sign on bonus incentives!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring the vision for environmental, health and safety excellence is applied to the Site/Business Unit Fixed assets.
- Champion reliability strategies and support the development of project justifications to address plant needs and opportunities for improvement.
- Lead root cause failure analysis related to equipment and recommended corrective actions to eliminate reoccurrence and bad actors.
- Supporting maintenance in repair and modifications to plant equipment by preparing specifications, designs, and construction packages.
- Provide technical recommendations through the collection, analysis, and summary of data and trends.
- Partner with Operations and Maintenance to develop new reliability tools while building new capabilities in the shift team.
- Identify, evaluate, and deploy new technologies to accomplishing our reliability goals.
- Ability to support Operations with evaluating and quantifying risk within the production areas so it can be properly managed.
- Use the site Management of Change (MOC) system to document and justify changes across the site.
- Solve technical problems and steer economic decisions while working with a diverse workforce.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot issues using transformative and innovative approaches.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Related Discipline
- Minimum of 10 Years’ experience in Reliability Technical Role in a petrochemical or PSM covered facility.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Mechanical Engineer Degree plus 10 years’ experience in a petrochemical or PSM covered facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of material sciences either from formal education or experience.
- Working knowledge of compliance and engineering standards (ASME, ANSI, ISO, OSHA, and other RAGAGEP’s)
- Experience with engineering software (i.e., HTIR, PV Elite, Fathom, ASPEN, Seeq, OSI Pi, etc.)
- Experience designing/replacing pressure vessels or following API 510 repairs.
- Knowledge of Pressure Relief Devices (PRD’s).
- Experience working in CMMS’s (i.e. SAP, Maximo, etc.)
- Experience applying statistical tools to identify "Bad Actor" equipment (ie: Reliability Modeling, Root Cause Analysis, RCA)
- Demonstrated experience leading technical initiatives, troubleshooting, and projects.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf