Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Georgia-Pacific Cellulose LLC has an opportunity for a talented person to enhance operations at its cellulose facility in Brunswick, Georgia. The Electrical & Instrumentation Technician will create value by performing electrical maintenance and supporting the facility’s startup and shutdown projects. Their successful performance will enable the facility to operate at the highest performance level, meeting production goals, and maintaining a safe work environment. This role is a part of a team that strives for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace.
This position's starting pay is $35 - $39/hr depending on skillset and experience.
The working schedule will be from 7am - 3:30pm EST.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing routine maintenance (Preventive Maintenance) on electrical and instrumentation equipment throughout the plant
- Performing emergency maintenance on failed equipment to ensure minimal production downtime
- Maintaining turbine generators and power distribution systems throughout the plant
- Installing equipment
- Maintaining and troubleshooting PLC’s, process controls, electrical, instrument, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Assisting with the shutdown and startup of equipment on shutdown projects
- Fully complying with and ensuring excellence in all areas of compliance, environmental and safety
- Meeting the physical and safety requirements of the job while working 12 hour rotating shifts including overtime, holidays, and weekends
The Experience You Will Bring
- One or more of the following:
- Two (2) years or more of experience as a Journeyman Electrical and Instrumentation Technician in an industrial environment
- A two (2) year degree or higher in Industrial Electrical Maintenance or Electrical Engineering and two (2) years of industrial electrical maintenance experience
- Three (3) years or more of industrial electrical maintenance experience
- Experience reading blueprints
- Knowledge of electrical and other hazards and precautions including safety procedures, NFPA 70 arc flash electrical safety, and OSHA regulations
- Knowledge/experience with plant floor automation and office Ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNET, network wiring and Fiber Optic Networks
- Experience diagnosing and repairing various electrical and electronic equipment ranging in voltages from 24VDC to 480 VDC
- Experience using both DC and AC motors, PLCs, Variable Frequency Drives, and Servo Controlled Systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Computer skills for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Rockwell AC drive troubleshooting
- Hydraulic testing
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com