Electrical Maintenance Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
Electrical Maintenance Technician – Batavia, NY
Position is Eligible for a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
Do you enjoy troubleshooting, repairing, and completing preventative maintenance on machinery? Have you worked in an industrial or manufacturing environment? If so, Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a Electrical Maintenance Technician at our Batavia, NY facility. We are looking for highly skilled individuals who can troubleshoot and perform maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who have a thorough understanding of safe work practices. These positions create value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. Read on to learn more!
This position offers competitive pay, benefits and opportunities for career development within the facility and throughout the multiple locations within Georgia-Pacific and Koch Industries. This position will be for 2nd shift (3pm - 11pm) or 3rd shift (11pm - 7am).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems, repair and maintain all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Installing and repairing electrical and mechanical components, cabling or wiring
- Reading and interpreting mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Understand knowledge and safe work practices involving voltage from 50 volts to 480 volts
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (16) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) years or more of maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- One (1) year or more of experience troubleshooting PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Experience with safe work practices involving voltage from 50 volts to 480 volts
- Experience reading technical electrical drawings and schematics
- Experience in mechanical fabrication and repair
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience programming PLCs
- Experience with VFD’s, Drives, Relays, Safety circuits, conduit installation, wiring electrical
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical components on machinery and or wiring
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Industrial Electrical Technician certification from college, technical school or military training
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.