Business Intelligence Analyst
KBX Rail is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst. KBX Rail provides a variety of services to both internal and external companies to enable our customers manage all aspects of their rail transportation activity. We are looking for entrepreneurial minded innovators and problem solvers who will help us further design and develop these services of exceptionally high value to our customers, improve the BI and data capabilities and delivery of the team. The BI Analyst will be a contributor in developing new capabilities by mapping the best data into dashboards and reports, using SQL, Microsoft Power BI, SSRS, Excel and a variety of development and visualization tools.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design, develop, monitor, and maintain/support the analytics, data and reporting solutions that enables the business to make and inform timely decisions
- Collaborate with the business to become a trusted partner in utilizing BI to make effective decisions, improve business outcomes and deliver higher value solutions
- Leverage a variety of tools to extract, organize and structure data for use in reporting and visualization
- Develop additional customized reports and dashboards for customers as needed to serve their business needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree OR demonstrated experience analyzing data
- 1+ years of experience in similar business intelligence, business analysis, data engineering, or data analysis
- 1+ years of experience using a data visualization tool (ex: Microsoft Power BI or Tableau)
- 1+ years of SQL experience
- Data driven, comfortable with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience communicating data and reporting requirements to internal and external customers
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with advanced Power BI functionality such as DAX and Power BI Dataflows
- Proficiency in advanced SQL concepts such as stored procedures, functions, and materialized views
- Experience with design, development, and support of ETL & Data Warehouse solutions
- Experience with Python or similar general-purpose programming language
- Rail Transportation knowledge
- Experience building in Microsoft Access
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. This role isn't eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf