Process Engineer- Lower Line
Our Guardian Glass facility in Corsicana, Texas is looking for our next Process Engineer- Lower Line. The desired candidate will work with Lower Line Department which manages daily and long-term operations of the float line. Focusing on process development, optimization, and reliability of the float operation, this candidate with work individually and as a part of a team to drive safety, compliance, and production results. This engineer will help support the operations team in a 24/7 production environment.
Based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Guardian Industries is a diversified, global company with a vision to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 17,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian Glass is a leading international manufacturer of float, value-added coated, and fabricated glass products and solutions for architectural, residential, interior, transportation and technical glass applications. For more information, visit www.guardian.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build a foundational understanding of the float line
- Develop safe, compliant, and reliable operations through standard work procedures, developing operating parameters and statistical process control
- Identify improvement opportunities for throughput gains and optimization. Ownership of output quality, production results, and process waste
- Lead troubleshooting and problem-solving events
- Self-driven and motivated individual, capable of leading or supporting, working as an individual or as part of a cross functional team
- Manage inventory of consumables
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Operations Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years of experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Electrical/PLC understanding
- Automation Experience
- Float glass process knowledge
- Familiarity with data collection, SQL and database design
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf