Georgia-Pacific’s Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS) organization ensures that the company's mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips to sustain its tissue, packaging, paper and building products manufacturing operations. W&FS operates in some 15 U.S. states, and sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional, or individual landowners.
We are seeking a Procurement Forester to support the Naheola Pulp & Paper Mill. This position will be responsible for working with timber harvesters and forest landowners to acquire pulpwood for Naheola and other GP locations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Implement sourcing and pricing strategies pertaining to the procurement of wood and fiber for a manufacturing facility
- Evaluate wood purchasing opportunities using analytical and innovative problem-solving skills
- Work to build strong business relationships within operating areas
- Assisting to drive process improvements and presenting innovative solutions to recurring issues
- Ensure all transactions are properly documented and distributed
- Work in conjunction with W&FS team to monitor and manage all levels of raw material acquisition to include Administrative, Capital Employed, Transportation, inventories and Wood Cost
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Actively representing Wood & Fiber Supply and the facility operations on local and regional sourcing initiatives
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Forestry, Procurement, or Supply Chain
- Advanced degree: MBA, MFR, or similar degree
- Wood procurement experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf