Georgia-Pacific is looking to hire safety–oriented and efficient Production Operators for our Gypsum facility in Antioch, CA. Our Forklift Operators work an eight (8) to twelve (12) hour rotating shift to include weekends, holidays and overtime as needed. This is an entry level position starting at $27.60 per hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshooting and making machine adjustments as needed
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality and safety goals
- Driving forklifts to move finished wallboard to the warehouse
- Performing basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Performing work in a loud/noisy, industrial high-volume environment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Lifting up to 50 pounds as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, or industrial environment
- Experience using a computer
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more of manufacturing experience
- Six (6) months or more of experience within an industrial, manufacturing, production, warehouse, construction, military or farming environment
- One (1) year or more of experience operating a forklift
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience working with construction materials, e.g.: lumber, gypsum, plaster, brick, insulation, etc.
- Experience in identifying, leading, developing and implementing process improvement initiatives
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf