ASSOCIATE CATEGORY LEADER
Georgia-Pacific’s Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (“SS&P”) organization is responsible for the strategic category management, sourcing and procurement of the critical supplies and materials that support more than 140 locations across the US. The SS&P organization is currently undergoing an exciting transformation where we are partnering with our business partners and leveraging best practices to build internal capabilities that uniquely position the team to improve decision making capabilities and capture significant cost and efficiency opportunities. This effort is a critical element in Georgia-Pacific’s continuous transformation. It is an exciting time to be part of a growing team and at the center of the transformation to help mold the future state of GP’s SS&P organization!
SS&P is seeking Associate Category Leaders to provide support to our Category Directors and Category Leaders, as well as our Sourcing by Design and Sourcing Execution leaders, in optimizing the total cost of ownership (TCO) across various spend categories. The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to) the following: category management support for assigned spend categories; sourcing, TCO initiative, capital project, and/or outage management support; supplier performance management tracking and support; coordination of supply market issue resolution. This role has growth potential within the SS&P organization.
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
· Assisting with category management knowledge processes during the development and/or implementation of sourcing and TCO initiatives, including but not limited to the following: product specification and service requirements validation, trial/transition management, contract management, savings/impact tracking, and ongoing spend and price management
· Coordinating supply market issue resolution for raw materials, critical components, spare parts, or finished goods: validating current inventory and demand requirements from mills/plants, identifying supply alternatives, facilitating necessary supplier and mill/plant communications
· Validating accuracy of any price changes for existing and new SKU’s, in coordination with suppliers and Master Data Management (MDM) team
· Initiating, requesting, and validating new item and new supplier set-up for Category needs, working together with MDM teams
· Supporting supplier performance management, based on key metrics and required issue resolution
· Helping implement supply contingency and business continuity plans by supporting new supplier qualifications and pre-commercialization efforts, from a category perspective
· Expediting and/or escalating spare parts, materials, and service orders/requests in support of capital projects and planned and unplanned outages, when necessary
· Assisting in driving invoice resolution, from a category perspective, by working with the necessary internal and external parties
What you will need:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1-3 years of related business or operations experience
· Experience performing analysis and interpreting data into actionable insights and communicating with key stakeholders
· Experience working cross-functionally between internal and external stakeholders
· Willing and able to travel as needed
What will put you Ahead:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Management
· Work experience in strategic sourcing, category management, procurement/purchasing, supply chain management or equivalent
· Project management experience, working with and through internal and external stakeholders
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf