CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR - B
This job posting is no longer active.
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our INVISTA Orange, TX facility is seeking entrepreneurial, innovative leaders to join our team as a Console Operator (CO). We are looking for individuals interested in leading transformation and strengthening our competitive advantage in the growing nylon intermediates market.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Have a culture of ownership that drives virtuous cycles of continuous transformation.
- Passion for eliminating bureaucracy, implementing new tools, and harnessing information to transform how work is done.
- Understand the unit’s economics and how it impacts our market competitiveness.
- Be an integrated partner with the overall business aligning strategies and priorities.
- Be willing to challenge decision-makers so that valuable opportunities are not missed.
- Drive Coordination of the team including Field Operators, Contractors, and other work groups toward the execution of production plans.
- Look ahead and anticipate needs over the next week for routine activities and over the next several months for critical reliability events.
- Analyze data to determine the best course of action to prevent or minimize the impact of events.
- Develop improvement ideas, test authorizations, and MOC to maximize value creation.
- Use tools and technology to improve and optimize the process unit.
- Utilize advanced analytics and anomaly detection tools to take proactive action and prevent process upsets.
- Optimize unit operation through reduction of raw material/energy usage.
- Participate in the planning of shutdowns and startups.
Providing input and drive the execution of the Production Plans.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 years console operation experience
- 5 years process control/engineering experience (Advance Process Controls, State Based Controls)
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions
- Ability to work a 12-hour rotating shift or day shift as business needs dictate
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to access elevated platforms by ladder (including egress), access multiple floors of open structures by stairway (including egress)
- Periodic workdays in excess of assigned work schedule
- Periodic outside work in extreme temperatures at various times throughout the year
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Process unit as a board/console operator.
- Experience with Asset 360, OSI Pi, and Seeq.
- Advanced process troubleshooting experience.
- Process modeling and trending (ASPEN) experience.
- Experience in process hazard analysis (PHA)
- Experience tuning loops and control valves
- Experience in leading and participating in RCA
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.