Guardian Glass Operations in Kingsburg, CA is looking to hire their next Maintenance Supervisor.
Based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Guardian Industries is a diversified, global company with a vision to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 17,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian Glass is a leading international manufacturer of float, value-added coated, and fabricated glass products and solutions for architectural, residential, interior, transportation and technical glass applications. SRG Global is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of advanced, high value coatings on plastics for the automotive and commercial truck industries, providing solutions for greater surface durability, structural integrity, functionality, vehicle efficiency and design flexibility. Guardian Building Products is a leading U.S. based distributor of specialty building products. For more information, visit www.guardian.com.
Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment for results-oriented individuals with a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence. We are presently recruiting for Maintenance Supervisor.
Must be a US Citizen or current Green Card Holder. This role is not eligible for Sponsorship.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build a shared culture based on application of MBM® principles throughout the organization.
- Maintain our plant’s union-free status through the use of positive employee relations.
- Provide leadership and direction to the safety of all employees and visitors to the facility.
- Lead, track and improve performance on key location goals and objectives.
- Lead performance management and corrective action processes for the crew.
- Continuously improve plant performance through process improvements and lean manufacturing.
- Work with maintenance team, engineering, and production leaders to understand their maintenance needs for daily work, down days, and outages and provide the necessary resources to meet those needs.
- Set priorities, eliminate roadblocks, and create focus.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic components like Variable speed frequency drives, UPS and automated systems including robotics.
- Work to support and troubleshoot issues with control systems including PLC programming, and interface systems to PLC’s such as MMI, SCADA and other.
- Knowledge of machinery and equipment in relation to layouts and engineering drawings.
- Understanding of electrical systems and equipment such as motors, motor control centers, transformers, switchgears, control equipment, process instrumentation, HVAC systems, Utility systems and water treatment process.
- Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude.
- Knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations including product and employee safety, and OSHA standards.
- Proven track record of cost control and continuous improvement in your department.
- Provide a detailed weekly maintenance work plan and schedule, including materials procurement.
- Motivate crew by creating an environment in which people want to do their best, empowering others, and inviting input from each individual to create shared ownership
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with direct reports
- 2 years of experience within a manufacturing setting- basic
- Demonstrated success in measuring and improving processes to meet organization goals- basic
- Experience using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate leadership skills and experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or a closely related discipline. OR, 5 or more years of work experience in an Electrical & Instrumentation or Maintenance Mechanical Leadership role with responsibility for direct reports within a manufacturing or industrial environment
Why work for Guardian?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Competitive compensation and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, prescription coverage, STD and optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401 (k) with a $1 for $1 match up to 7%.
For more information about Guardian Industries Corp., visit us at www.guardian.com.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf