PRODUCTION MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN
Production Manufacturing Technician
Our Georgia-Pacific Containerboard facility, in Toledo, OR is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Entry-Level Production Laborers. Entry-Level Production Laborers create value by operating paper manufacturing equipment, performing preventative maintenance, and mechanical tasks to produce a variety of products that are used in corrugated boxes and packaging for retail items. This role offers advanced training opportunities which can lead to increased career and compensation possibilities.
NEW starting pay for this role is $21.25/hour with opportunities for overtime and employees are eligible for quarterly bonuses and 48hrs of Paid Time Off, upon successful completion of the probationary period. These roles work a rotating 12hr shift that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime. We also have a sign-on bonus of $1,000 paid out on first full cycle paycheck. To learn more about our Containerboard business visit: https://www.gp.com/product-overview/gp-packaging
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year or more of experience in the pulp and paper industry
- Forklift operating experience
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, fishing , construction, logging or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com