SR Piping Designer
John Zink is looking for Sr Piping Designers for immediate openings in its Tulsa office.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is a global leader on emissions control and a pioneer in modern Smart Combustion™ solutions. We have more installed equipment than any other manufacturer in our industry. Our research and development facilities make up the largest testing complex of its kind, while our worldwide service organization is the largest, most technically advanced team of its kind. And the John Zink Institute℠ is recognized industry-wide as a leader in real-world training.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Generating plot plans, PFDs, P&IDs, piping 3D modeling, piping plans, and isometric piping drawings utilizing AutoCAD Plant 3D or equivalent.
- Writing and editing specs in AutoCAD Plant 3D or equivalent (CADworx, PDS, SP, etc).
- Generating material take off lists
- Developing new designs for projects as required by Sales, the Customer, and Project Management. This will include the layout, design, and detail of projects following specifications as instructed.
- Developing, interfacing, and maintaining a good working relationship with Sales, Project Engineering, Manufacturing, and our customers.
- Checking others work
- Assisting in the maintenance of product standards and master drawings as well as files on assigned projects.
- Developing a high level of proficiency in all applicable products in an effort to maximize productivity.
- Potentially supporting field installation efforts onsite
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years' design and drafting experience at manufacturer of piping skid systems or petrochemical process piping plants
- 3+ years' experience AutoCAD Plant 3D or equivalent (CADworx, PDS, SP, etc)
- Working knowledge of Codes and Standards: B31.1, B31.3, ASME SEC. VIII, PIP, ANSI ISA-S5.1 (Instrument Symbol Identification)
- Working knowledge in reviewing and understanding customer piping specs
- Working knowledge of line service and line numbering according to company or customer specifications
- Working knowledge of thermal relief systems such as expansion loops, pipe guides, as well as pipe support requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs Outlook, Word, and Excel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate Degree in Design/Drafting or equivalent experience
- 10+ years' design and drafting experience at manufacturer of piping skid systems or petrochemical process piping plants.
- 5+ years' experience AutoCAD Plant 3D or equivalent (CADworx, PDS, SP, etc)
- 3+ years' experience Inventor, ProEngineer, or Solidworks
- Advanced training or experience in AutoCAD Plant 3D or equivalent (CADworx, PDS, SP, etc)
- Experience in ISO drawing template creation
- Field experience in support of construction and startup / commissioning
- Proficient in field investigations and measurements
- Experience in CAD programming
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf