Senior Signal Integrity Project Engineer (Remote opportunity!)
This is a remote opportunity with travel to sites in Arkansas and Illinois.
Molex creates connections for life by enabling technologies that transform the future and improve lives. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a complete range of connectivity products, services and solutions for the data communications, medical, industrial, automotive and consumer electronics industries.
Our Datacom and Specialty Solutions (DSS) team designs an extensive product line serving customers in telecommunications, datacom, hyperscalers, cloud, data center and storage applications. The widespread growth of high speed and broadband systems introduces unique signal integrity issues. Our team is providing signal integrity solutions that are a fundamental need in building reliable communications equipment. We are delivering solutions to meet the demands of the 112G PAM4 market and beyond.
Molex is seeking an experienced Senior Signal Integrity Project Engineer to design, model, analyze, and characterize high-speed connectors, cables, and systems serving cutting edge technology in data center and storage industry.
The Senior Signal Integrity Engineer will lead technical design and provide direction and guidance to others. This person will also interface directly with customers on Signal Integrity issues to gather requirements and provide technical support. In order to meet the fast speed demands of the industry, this person will understand market to drive cutting edge technology to our customers. This person will play a key role in our Signal Integrity team.
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Develop unique and innovative interconnect solutions based on customer objectives of performance and cost for overall channel
- Make recommendations for improvement of existing interconnect systems (connectors and cable assemblies)
- Perform characterization and correlation of high-speed connectors, cable assemblies, and systems using high-speed digital testing and electromagnetic modeling techniques
- Provide supervision to lower level engineers, review and approve their work to meet performance standard
- Be up-to-date with industry trends on high speed connector requirements and disseminate / share information among team members
- Lead research and development work on or advanced technologies in electrical design capabilities
- Provide technical guidance on Signal Integrity to Product Design Engineering, Marketing and Sales personnel or others as required
- Prepare and conduct technical presentations to Sales, Marketing and/or Customers
- Generate evaluation and qualification reports or presentation materials for both internal and customer use
The Experience You Will Bring
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Applied math
- At least 5 years experience leading Signal Integrity design and simulation
- Proficiency with statistical and time domain serial link simulation techniques/methods
- Experience with high speed serdes design, architectures, protocols and modeling methods of high-performance technologies
- Experience with electromagnetics
- Experience correlating simulation results with lab measurements using oscilloscopes, TDRs, VNAs, and spectrum analyzers
- Experience coaching and mentoring other engineers
What Will Put You Ahead
- PhD Degree in Engineering, Physics, or Applied math
- At least 10 years SI design and simulation
- Experience with available CAD/CAE tools such as Channel Designer, HFSS, CST, FDTD tools, MoM tools, Sigrity PowerSI, PAKSI-E, Power-grid, Agilent ADS, Agilent PLTS, Cadence CAD tools or related tools
- Capability of scripting/automating the analysis flow with point tools
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.For this role, we anticipate paying $100,000 - $ 140,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf