Firmware/Software Engineer (Remote)
This opportunity is open to a hybrid schedule with the possibly of remote once onboarding is completed and is to be based at our Lisle, Illinois office.
Molex is seeking an experienced senior engineer Firmware/Software Engineer who will be responsible for the design, development, testing, release, and support for manufacturing of FW/SW for industrial sensor applications. The candidate will work individually as well as with teams in office and laboratory settings and will be a key resource in developing firmware for corrosion & condition monitoring sensors solutions as well as software/firmware for manufacturing test systems.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Serve as an embedded software/firmware specialist for industrial sensor solutions
- Design, develop, prototype, maintain, debug, test, and document firmware for sensor systems
- Ensure that firmware and software products are developed according to our product development processes
- Work collaboratively with other hardware and firmware engineers in the team on wireless communication modules
- Work collaboratively with other hardware and firmware engineers in parallel teams to maintain commonality across other sensor solutions if possible
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing, testing, debugging, and implementing firmware and embedded software in C/C++
- Familiarity with software development tools and languages including C#, Linux, and MS Visual Studio environments
- Familiarity with tools as e.g., oscilloscopes, function generators, emulators, impedance analyzers
- Experience in developing firmware for microprocessors (such as ARM Cortex-M)
- Experience in developing wireless communication protocols (e.g., MQTT, BLE, Wi-Fi, XBee, LoRa)
- Experience in developing communication interfaces based on UDP TC/IP protocols and socket programming (e.g., IPv6, 802.11x, 802.15.4)
- Experience with firmware/software development tools as Git, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Experience writing code in Java
- Experience with AWS IoT Core developments
- Prior experience with firmware/software development of heavy industrial sensor systems
- Knowledge of low-power battery-powered design aspects in hardware and firmware
- Skills in other programming languages as e.g., Python, HTML5 Familiarity with Altium, LabView are beneficial
- Familiarity with developments for mobile devices
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $115,000-$155,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf