Georgia-Pacific is now hiring motivated and detail-oriented individuals to join our team as Production Operators at our facility in Memphis, Tennessee. These team members create value by safely operating machines to meet and exceed the plant’s production and quality goals. Candidates who acquire the knowledge and skills to be successful in this position will have exciting opportunities for advancement.
This position's starting pay is $18.21/hr!
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products for various industries. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific and our corrugated facilities please visit: www.gppackaging.com/
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Help to meet and exceed production, waste, and quality goals
- Troubleshoot and make minor machine adjustments
- Maintain cleanliness in designated work area throughout shift
- Handle or assist with all aspects of the machine’s daily production including setting-up, operating, maintaining production quality, and performing daily maintenance
- Work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least 12 hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six months of experience in a manufacturing environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Comfortable with the following rotating work schedule: Each shift will rotate after 7 days, subject to change per business needs : 6:30am - 7pm for day shift AND 6:30pm - 7am for night shift
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating machines
- Experience using a computer (Email, Microsoft, etc.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com