Concept Design and Development
- Supervise other design engineers with all product development phases required to bring product concepts into production as defined by the Molex New Product Development Process (NPD).
- Oversee creation of presentation material for internal and customer design reviews.
- Insure creation of product drawings in compliance with Molex Drawing Standard and accepted GD&T methodology.
- Supervise the development of product Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) to help identify and eliminate potential product failures.
- Insure compliance to engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.
- Insure effective Interfacing of engineering team with internal departments (manufacturing, quality, lab, sales and marketing) as well as suppliers and customers, in support of all product development activities.
Design Verification & Product Validation
- Insure adequate development of design validation plan & report (DVP&R) documentation.
- Lead product engineers with internal & customer 8D resolution activities.
- Mentor engineers by providing guidance on proper design selection and analysis techniques.
- People management: Team building, hiring, performance review, career path development
- Supports and practices Molex's guiding principles and Market Based Management philosophy.
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs other work related duties as required by management.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent science degree
- 8+ years of design experience of mechanical or electro mechanical products.
- Proven leadership experience with some supervisory experience.
- Thinks about and does what is right, regardless of the consequences
- Raises concerns or asks questions when something doesn’t seem right, even when it’s difficult
- Always keeps commitments
- Works on things that matter (and knows why they matter).
- Acts with a sense of urgency to capture opportunities or deal with problems
- Envisions long-term implications of decisions
Knowledge & Change:
- Invites, values, and seriously considers different ideas, opinions, and points of view
- Disagrees (constructively) when it may lead to a better way
- Drives and leads change
Humility & respect:
- Willingly admits mistakes, failures, and shortcoming
- Gives credit appropriately
- Provides timely, honest feedback even when it’s difficult
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace”