This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific Cellulose facility in Perry, FL is currently looking for individuals to work in our Specialty Pulp Plant as Production Technicians. Foley Cellulose produces specialty and fluff pulp that is delivered worldwide to customers for a variety of high-end uses and converting technologies. Our fibers are found in products that people around the world use in everyday life, including clothing, tires, shampoo, diapers, filters and towels. Check it out here:https://www.gp.com/about-us/mill-sites/foley-cellulose-florida
This position has an 8-hour rotating shift
Starting pay for this role is $19.63/hour plus shift differential
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to processes with a focus on safe operations
- Working in a large, chemical manufacturing environment
- Utilizing a computer to input and access data, monitor equipment and react to production needs
- Using hand tools and power tools to adjust machines
- Operating equipment such as cranes, dozers, lift trucks, bobcat loaders to move product, load or unload trucks and/or railcars
- Operating heavy machinery in loud, hot, cold and dusty environments
- Monitoring process variables to maintain efficient process operations and meet department quality, cost and production goals
- Performing equipment cleanup and operator basic care including minor maintenance tasks
- Performing equipment changeovers
- Assisting with setup, troubleshooting, and making minor machine adjustments Inspecting product to ensure quality measures are met
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area throughout shift
- Working with hand tools, including but not limited to wire/band cutters, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, pushing, pulling, working at heights, operating mobile equipment and/or heavy equipment, which could include lifting up to 50 pounds
- Meeting the physical and safety requirements of the job while working eight (8)-twelve (12) hour rotating shifts, overtime, holidays, and weekends
The Experience You Will Bring
- One year or more of experience working in a manufacturing, industrial, construction, military, or warehouse environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using mobile equipment
Experience using a computer, tablet, or smart device
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.