Investment Associate - Strategic Platforms
Koch Strategic Platforms, a subsidiary of Koch Investments Group, seeks to accelerate the growth of “new economy” companies as well as the transformation of Koch Industries. KSP makes material minority investments in core thematic areas of computing & connectivity (including software), industrial technologies (ranging from automation to semiconductors), healthcare, and energy.
The team considers how factors such as technology, regulation, consumer preference, and demographics will create new industries or products. Within attractive industry segments, the team identifies ways to invest in companies, providing creative and flexible capital solutions with a focus on experimental discovery and mutual benefit with Koch Industries.
Since formation in late 2020, KSP has committed over $2.5B across more than 30 equity and debt investments into growth-stage public and private companies. This portfolio includes strategic investments in areas such as software driving the 5G digital transformation (Mavenir), next-generation satellites (Astranis), electric vehicle battery manufacturing (FREYR), and molecular diagnostics (Cue Health).
KSP seeking an investment associate to join the team based in Atlanta, GA [or Wichita, KS].
- Performing industry research and competitive analysis related to potential investments and markets of interest
- Financial modeling and analysis to support valuation of both public and private companies. Preparing concise presentations on potential transactions for senior management that identify and assess valuation, key drivers, range-of-outcomes based return profile, potential synergies, and risks
- Participating in and leading discussions with senior management on investment recommendations and market point-of-view
- Assuming responsibility for 100% compliance with the laws, regulations, company policy, and industry standards applicable to this role
- Operating on a newly-formed and highly-collaborative team. This will require:
- Adaptability. Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible with changes in direction.
- Curiosity. Energized to seek best knowledge and synthesize into a propriety perspective.
- Principled entrepreneurship. Ability to work independently with the risk tolerance to output quickly, sharing work-in-progress analysis and iterating often.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of analytical experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of transaction and/or investment experience, or 4+ years of financial analysis experience
- Any combination of background in investment banking, growth equity, private equity, equity research, strategy consulting, corporate strategy, or corporate development
- Three-statement modeling capability
- Market point-of-view development experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf