Operations Performance – Float SME
This job posting is no longer active.
Guardian Industries as an opening for an Operations Performance – Float SME. Depending on the candidate’s location, this position has flexibility to be located at or near a facility in any region of Guardian Glass. The selected individual will be responsible for new and existing process development and improvements.
The desired candidate will provide technical glass knowledge to support complex, multi-disciplinary technology advancement projects. The candidate will interact with research, regional operations, and local plant personnel to develop a point of view on current and future process improvements and drive long-term value creation for Guardian Glass. The Operations Performance – Float SME will perform a broad range of work with minimal supervision while receiving collaboration & guidance on more complex process and operational issues from management. The selected individual will provide leadership on projects and initiatives for short and long-term float value creation. This role requires working in a collaborative setting and communicating with Guardian manufacturing facilities throughout the world. One World (guardian.com)
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing support to plants on melting, forming, annealing and glass cutting issues.
- Leveraging experience in float glass technical management and float glass production to include strong technical and production education
- Leading float line projects / conducts designed experiments to understand the manufacturing process and to improve efficiencies / improve product quality
- Glass properties and performance: targeting glass property adjustment and maintenance with raw material changes
- Performing furnace and tin bath audits and provides recommendations for maximizing manufacturing performance and asset life
- Operating Envelope:
- Identifying and facilitating the creation of Proven Practices for Stable Operations
- Key Process Lever Development and Monitoring
- Facilitate Knowledge Sharing
- Working with Capabilities (Quality, Reliability, Engineering) to support effort and identify gaps
- Data driven: Working with complex projects with ability to analyze problems quickly and develop applicable corrective actions in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting the entire scope of Float line activities and processes
- Coordinating with EngEx and OpEx on Scope addition of new technologies early in the process of CTR’s
- Demonstrating solid technical writing and presentation skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Possessing general personal computer knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Leveraging strong communication skills to project information in a professional manner to both technical and non-technical groups
- Demonstrating an open mind with a strong desire to work with and contribute in an innovative team
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Materials, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or in Materials / Ceramic Science or Associates Degree and five (5) or more years’ work experience working in a float glass or other glass manufacturing industry
- Float glass process knowledge and experience in full scale manufacturing and development using production scale equipment
- Willing and able to travel internationally 30% - 40% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Education, work experience, and/or experimental foundation with a working knowledge of glass process development and manufacturing
- Experience and understanding of furnace maintenance and refractory requirements to support the asset integrity with regional and global capability teams
- Experience with project management to include executing projects that require multi-functional involvement for implementation
- Lean/Six Sigma Experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
For this position, in U.S. markets we anticipate paying a minimum of 100K USD. Compensation commensurate based on experience.
This job posting is no longer active.