Strategic Commodity Leader
This job posting is no longer active.
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
About The Role
INVISTA is seeking a Strategic Commodity Leader for Indirect Services & Materials with responsibilities in North America that could extend globally. This person connects across businesses, sites, capabilities, and suppliers on a portfolio of commodities to deliver superior solutions that contribute to the profitable transformation of the company. The role will report to the Director of Sourcing and is in either Wichita, KS or Houston, TX. Possible commodities in the portfolio include Recycling and Waste Disposal, Environmental Services, Professional Services, Pipeline Services and Maintenance, and other materials and services commodities and related programs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop forward looking commodity strategies and business processes to build and sustain competitive advantage.
- Work closely with sites and businesses to understand and connect to their most important opportunities and identify how the capability of our suppliers can be leveraged through partnerships that drive virtuous cycles of mutual benefit.
- Create data-driven metrics to enhance decision-making.
- Cultivate networks that embrace knowledge sharing, economic thinking, and experimentation to identify and enhance opportunities.
- Drive a culture of mutual value and partnership among suppliers and stakeholders.
- Apply appropriate contract terms and pricing structures to new and existing suppliers.
- Communicate with stakeholders and suppliers to invite, seek, and embrace feedback and challenge. Use both to be additive to solutions.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- Good critical and economic thinking skills.
- An effective communicator that is a change agent and can clearly articulate solutions and value drivers to business leaders.
- Able to engage in a respectful challenge process and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive transformation.
- Is passionate about eliminating bureaucracy, implementing new tools, and harnessing information to transform how work is done.
- Contribution motivated.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Procurement, Analytics, Finance, Supply Chain, or other related discipline.
- 3+ years professional work experience in one of the following:
- Onsite Manufacturing or Production Plant Experience (operations, maintenance, engineering)
- Outside Sales
- Proficient working within Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience leading transformative or strategic initiatives.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver superior results
- Experience developing strategies or innovative ideas and then presenting them to executive leadership for approval
- 5+ years experience in Procurement
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.