Senior Structural Design Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is a rapidly growing organization made-up of 12 companies that serves customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls and services. KES exists to create value for our customers. By harnessing the expertise and resources of the KES family of companies, we can offer customers direct access to commercial excellence, operational excellence, innovation, and talent that is unrivaled in the industries we serve.
KES is looking to hire a Senior Structural Engineer to provide leadership, experience and guidance supporting the transformation and growth of our business. The Senior Structural Engineer will bring expertise in the design and analysis of steel structures used to support mechanical equipment including but not limited to flare stacks, thermal oxidizer systems, and piping systems. The Senior Structural Engineer shall also align with our shared value system to provide guidance in challenging situations. This position requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and constantly review competing priorities. They will work closely with complex project teams across multi-functional support groups and communicate clearly across all teams throughout the project scope including direct customer interfacing to solve problems and troubleshoot accordingly. This role is open to candidates in Wichita, KS, Tulsa, OK, and Houston, TX.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform strength calculations for steel support structures
- Generate and review foundation loads and anchor details
- Generate and review detailed designs of bolted and welded connections and interface connections between structures and mechanical equipment.
- Perform calculations for static equipment such as pressure vessels, pressure piping, and waste heat recovery systems as per domestic and international codes and standards
- Support and provide technical guidance to CAD designers and drafters and review inhouse and vendor drawing submittals
- Initiate and coordinate engineering activities related to the packages
- Utilize Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools, when required, to perform stress analysis of complex geometries
- Work proactively with supply chain and manufacturing teams to apply Design for Manufacturability methodology
- Provide all relevant information to the design team such as material requirements, testing requirements, design sketches for completion of the design package.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural or Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience and knowledge of ASCE 7 and AISC 360
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience with CAD and MS Office Suite software
- Experience in an ETO environment and/or with an OEM
- Experience with application of technical specifications from oil and chemical companies
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s Degree in Structural or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- P.E. License
- Experience working in software STAAD.Pro / STAAD.Connect, RAM Connections, LimCon,
- Experience with mechanical design of pressure vessels, piping, or stacks with software such as MecaStack, Compress, PVElite, Caesar II.
- Experience with International Design codes (EN, AS, SP, etc…)
- Previous experience with Mass Transfer, Heat Exchanger, or combustion equipment.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.