This job posting is no longer active.
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer within the Logistics product system at the Savannah River Mill in Rincon, Georgia. This role will be responsible for palletizing and will work closely with both reliability and maintenance departments in the development of long-term asset strategies.
The mill is located in a beautiful part of the country and is close to the coast in Effingham County with some of the best school systems in the state. The mill has established an excellent relationship with its community and participates in many community events. Most of our employees enjoy raising their families here in Rincon, GA. Some choose to live at the nearby coast with year-round boating and long stretches of beach. Some choose to live near or in the great city of Savannah. Savannah brims with all kinds of events including architectural tours, music and food festivals, art exhibits, Civil War Re-enactments, bustling nightlife.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the organization toward excellence in Environmental, Health, and Safety and compliance by identifying and resolving critical and high risks
- Improve reliability of converting assets by leading the development, implementation, execution and check/adjust of asset strategies for converting assets and resolve high impact operating issues
- Lead daily operations of converting assets within technology center by developing operating targets and equipment setup procedures
- Improve longer term asset performance. Understand the business, mill, and department visions and identify area needs to meet those objectives. Prioritize opportunities and develop a plan to create capability including potential capital and non-capital opportunities. Lead or participate in capital project scope development, engineering, execution, and startup.
- Provide technical expertise on converting assets and transfer knowledge to other members of the operating team via daily interaction and formal/informal skill building. Develop and implement complete Asset Strategies AFH Tissue converting equipment including Condition Based Monitoring, Preventative Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Operating Envelope, Operator Basic Care/Zone Ownership and Spare Parts optimization
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR five (5) or more years of logistics operations or logistics maintenance experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, or in Pulp & Paper Science
- Experience in maintenance and reliability engineering
- Five (5) or more years of manufacturing experience
- Experience in the pulp or paper industry, specifically in Logistics
- Proficient with Georgia-Pacific reliability systems; AA Database, PI, Vyntex, PTM, and DMSI Maintelligence
- Experience with Asset Strategy Development, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Experience coordinating with the corporate business leaders
- Experience with authorization and qualification of operators in a Performance-Based Skills and Qualification (PSQ) system
- Experience initiating and/or executing capital projects
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.