Process Transformation Engineer
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
INVISTA is currently looking for a Process Transformation Engineer to join our team at our Victoria, TX production facility. This role will be a member of the Victoria Shift Production Area Team (Shift PAT).
The PTE role is salaried role that will work on a 12-hour rotating shift schedule with starting rates at $100,000 annually depending on skills and experience. Benefits to this schedule includes having 1 week off every 4th week and 14 days off every month!
This role is eligible for relocation and sign on incentives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Accelerate control room transformation through creative destruction, embracing new technologies, and driving innovation.
- Build shift team capability regarding Incident Investigations and Root Cause Analysis to continuously improve the safety culture and EHS performance of the site.
- Utilize innovative tools to embed technical process knowledge and support control room capabilities to run, maintain, optimize, and improve our production unit’s throughput
- Collaborate with the shift team, console engineers, and lead operations engineers to adopt and create value from anomaly detection and predictive data analytic tools, such as Asset360, SeeQ, OSI PI, and other emerging technologies.
- Integrate process control management, Advanced Process Controls, State Based Controls, and other emerging technologies to control room operations.
- Work with shift team to help connect and build capabilities around economic thinking and profit drivers such as QPUs, product quality, raw material optimization, and 5-Year BETs.
- Support shift team contributions towards achieving site BETs in Plant Operating Cost, Volume, and Yield improvements driving innovation, acting as Principled Entrepreneurs, and prioritizing and completing playbook initiatives.
- Create and utilize tools to build and embed understanding of process unit economics and raw material optimization at the shift and management level.
- Assess and troubleshoot operating gaps in unit performance to optimize QPU performance and raw material usage.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering
- Experience troubleshooting process issues
- Experience analyzing data trends and detecting anomalies
- Experience facilitating Root Cause Analysis investigations
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience
- 3+ years data analytics experience in a petrochemical industry
- 3+ years process control/engineering experience (Advance Process Controls, State Based Controls)
- Experience with anomaly detection software, OSI PI, and Seeq
- Experience using data analytics programs or predictive analytics tools
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf