Process Optimization Engineer
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our INVISTA Victoria, TX facility is seeking entrepreneurial, innovative individuals to join the team as a Process Optimization (Console) Engineer.
The POE role is an hourly based role working a 12-hour rotating shift that is overtime eligible with starting rates at $100,000 annually depending on skills and experience. Benefits to this schedule includes having 1 week off every 4th week and 14 days off every month!
This role is eligible for relocation and sign on incentives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilize advanced analytics (predictive and prescriptive) and anomaly detection tools to take proactive action and prevent process upsets
- Optimize unit operation through reduction of raw material/energy usage
- Manage the unit to stay within operating envelope and environmental limits
- Understand and champion site performance and economics
- Utilize transformational process control techniques to advance process optimization
- Manage alarms through advanced alarming techniques such as State Based Alarming
- Lead challenging investigations using proven root cause analyses techniques
- Design innovative process solutions utilizing Management of Change process
- Understand and implement solutions that reduce product’s cost of manufacture
- Participate in the planning of shutdowns and startups
- Create, review, and update operating procedures
- Provide leadership and direction to the field operating team
- Coordinate and respond to unplanned and non-routine events
- Will work a 12-hour rotating shift (weekends and holidays) or day shift as business needs dictate
The Experience You Will Bring
One or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 3 years data analytics experience in a petrochemical/chemical industry
- 3 years process control/engineering experience (Advance Process Controls, State Based Controls)
- Military data analysis experience such as Military Intelligence or Operational Research / Systems Analyst
- Required to wear any or all of the following Personal Protective Equipment: safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, Nomex, acid suits, breathing air, gloves, safety boots, respirators and encapsulated suits. PPE use is in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for a given task.
- Climb stairs, ladders on columns, ladders and scaffolds
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with anomaly detection software, OSI Pi, and Seeq
- Experience using data analytics programs
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering
- 3+ Years manufacturing experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC dentification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf