Data Business Partner (Remote)
Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass, fabricated glass products, fiberglass insulation and other building materials for commercial, residential and automotive markets. The company has operations in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East. It is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan and employs 17,000 people.
Guardian is looking for Data Business Partner based in Europe (remote work).
As Data Partner within the Data Management Office (DMO), you will be directly responsible for:
You will serve as a ‘data & analytics engagement partner’ for your internal customers and bring an end-to-end perspective to make sure our data strategies create competitive advantage. We expect that you come along-side your customers to educate them on the value of effective analytics, prioritize work and help leaders ‘work backwards’ from the opportunity to capture the right data and design solutions that improve our responsiveness and decision making. The ability to realize this will be built on a ‘foundational’ base of trusted data with BI and advanced analytics developed incrementally over time.
So, as a successful engagement leader you should be supporting customer teams on a journey where Guardian learns how to maximize the return on its investment in data by using information to make better, faster, and more profitable decisions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Help prioritize activities based on value and be involved with decision makers through end-to-end process from creative ideation all the way through to delivery on BI, Advanced Analytics and other data related assets.
- Continuous communication with the internal customers to understand their processes, value drivers, initiatives and priorities, problems they are trying to solve, etc. and make sure they get the data products or solutions they need to succeed. Validate backlog priorities with them and provide feedback on progress.
- Lead the pod cross-functional team to work on the right priorities. Organize and understand the resources you will need to deliver the products. Manage and keep up to date your backlog (Azure DevOps as tool).
- Collaborate with business partners to identify gaps and formulate sustainable solutions that align with current business priorities and vision.
- Frame and document opportunities (demand), estimate value creation, key factors, and assign priority.
- Develop frameworks, roadmaps, and actionable requirements and project decomposition for modeling & visualization, engineering, governance, and IT\Systems Dev. teams through execution of data needs.
- Initial testing (fit for function).
- Organizational change management and delivery of developed work products.
- Ensure users education on the solution, monitor adoption and support on its effective usage.
- Grow, through influence, a data enablement mindset across the organization and mentor others on how to think about data needs.
- Reinforce data governance (Master data and enrichment) and ensure global compliance of framework.
- Involvement in system implementations and/or decommissions in what refers to data related.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Finance, or Mathematics preferred but not exclusive).
- Preferable previous experience in our business. Knowledge about the domain he/she will support.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and ability to work within cross functional teams.
- Highly organized and able to manage the functional team’s work items. Problem solving oriented.
- Knowledge of fundamental data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional) and understanding of SQL.
- Knowledge of fundamental data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI) and data analytics tools (e.g. Alteryx) a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changes or challenges.
- Able to hold accountable, keep positive attitude, open minded and honest, able to embrace new challenges.
- Strong economic thinking skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills (in at least English, other languages a plus).
- Eagerness to learn new skills.