Lead Process/Operations Engineer
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com
INVISTA is actively seeking a Lead Process/Operations Engineer to work in our Orange Texas chemical plant, where we produce nylon intermediate chemicals. We are looking for individuals with innovative ideas; an intense desire to learn, improve and grow; unfailing commitment to environmental responsibility and safety; and a strong sense of community. INVISTA needs principled individuals of exceptional talent to fill all types of positions. Our Market Based Management business philosophy creates an environment that inspires employees to contribute knowledge and ideas, allowing them to flourish and feel rewarded.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Contribute to personal and team culture development regarding the understanding and practice of MBM®
- Understand and drive the Operations Vision
- Provide technical support including troubleshooting equipment, to operations on a day-to-day basis to meet production goals
- Assist with the development of entry level engineers through strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring
- Provide process support and lead unit improvement projects
- Identify improvements to support business strategy
- Assist in process optimization to maximize production rates, product quality and yield
- Utilize innovative tools/technology to embed technical process knowledge and sustain optimization of process units collaborating with Console Engineers, Console Operators and Process Transformation Engineers
- Use data analysis to validate raw material and energy usage
- Support environmental and PSM programs with applicable technical knowledge/skills
- Be a self-starter, innovative, and with the ability to identify and quickly resolve operational problems with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate safe and environmentally principled work habits
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of Process Engineering in a refinery or petrochemical facility
- Experience with analyzing data and possess strong trouble-shooting skills
- Experience using data analytics programs or predictive analytics tools
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues and facilitating RCA, Cause Mapping, and Failure Mode Cause Analysis
- Experience in root cause failure analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
What Will Put You Ahead
- DCS, Process Engineering or Control Room Operations Experience
- Experience with anomaly detection software, OSI PI, and SeeQ
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf