Commercial Manager, Marine Logistics
This job posting is no longer active.
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
About The Role
INVISTA Nylon is currently seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Commercial Manager, Marine Logistics in either Wichita, KS or Houston, TX. This role is a vital member of our Nylon Intermediates Supply Chain team, focused on creating and sustaining competitive advantage as we serve the global ADN and HMD markets. A successful candidate for this role will be someone that can succeed in a fast paced, multi-national, matrixed organization while forming deep, mutually beneficial relationships with service providers across the marine industry.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and maintain global marine relationships and partnerships (vessel owners, terminals, surveyors, brokers) that enable INVISTA’s global chemicals business in both commercial and sourcing activities.
- Establish and negotiate contractual agreements for these activities, as required and profitable. Hold counterparties accountable for their performance, identifying mutually beneficial solutions to solve service challenges.
- Partner with chemicals business leaders to understand key business strategies and identifies corresponding bulk marine logistics strategies necessary for business success.
- Communicate directly with counterparts at customers to find mutually beneficial solutions to customer needs and improvement opportunities in bulk marine logistics.
- Collaborate with and indirectly lead internal regional Business Operations groups to ensure operations excellence in marine logistics (contract execution, planning, event management, spot chartering, vetting, payment processing). Manage quality
- Implement better analytics and performance visibility to understand and ultimately improve performance of our bulk marine logistics activities
- Originate investment opportunities in capabilities and bulk marine logistics assets, addressing wide ranges of market scenarios. Frame up opportunities applying our economic frameworks and seek management approval, where necessary.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of practical experience in global logistics and supply chain in the chemical industry
- Demonstrated analytical capability and ability to communicate alternatives and recommendations clearly to commercial partners and business leaders
- Experience negotiating charter party agreements, Contracts of Affreightment, Terminaling agreements, and/or vessel time charter agreements
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% total; international as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of practical experience in the chemical bulk marine logistics industry working for either brokers, owners, or charterers
- 5+ years of experience negotiating charter party agreements, Contracts of Affreightment, Terminaling agreements, and/or vessel time charter agreements
- Experience working in the global Specialty Chemical bulk marine industry and familiarity with the Chemical Parcel Tanker market specifically
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.