Are you looking to make a connection to your career? Come to Molex where we create connections for life. We use innovation, engineering excellence, commitment to quality and reliability, and superior customer experience to improve communication, elevate experiences, and engage and inspire people everywhere.
We are currently seeking a Financial Business Analyst to join our team! This role will support the financial strategy and product development vision for our Vehicle Antenna Solutions business within the North American automotive industry. You will work with product management, program management, engineering, manufacturing, and sales to understand and report the key financial drivers and assumptions for individual programs, communicating when programs are off target and leading collaborative efforts to bring the projects back to plan financially.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prioritize efforts based upon MBM principle of “Principled Entrepreneurship”
o Where will your actions be the most impactful?
o Always ask the question, “what does this do to the business case?” If it is negative, how do we mitigate or offset?
- Exhibit leadership traits in the principle of “Knowledge”
o Challenge - if something doesn’t look right, stop and investigate.
o Have the subject matter expertise to perform quick financial calculations on events impacting the variable cost
o Long term - build financial models to improve estimating accuracy
- Exhibit leadership traits in the principles of “Integrity, Humility and Respect”
o Speak up if you have doubts
o Challenge the ideas, not the individual
o Promote accountability
- Participate in quoting efforts: understand and vet the values from purchasing, manufacturing, and engineering, such as investments and variable costs
o Run financial models and provide internal benchmarking
- Monitor, coordinate, and control program financials in support of program milestones
o Participate in change control to improve program margins
o Engineering and Development expenses
o Variable costs
- Develop and implement (with purchasing and manufacturing) tools to estimate product changes
o Develop a strong database of surrogate information with purchasing, engineering, and manufacturing
o Cross-pollinate best practices across regions
- Play a leadership role in modeling the benefits of cost improvement ideas, as well as understanding and modeling our pricing strategy and supporting strategic efforts to optimize our product portfolio and manufacturing footprint
- Financial reporting (20%-30% of time)
o Generate reports to track development expenses. Pull together information for Cap Ex requests. Support the divisional finance team in their functions.
o Develop plans to streamline or move to low-cost country activities that don’t require daily interaction with the program development teams
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or Finance
- 5+ years of professional experience in the automotive or related industry
- Subject matter expertise in two of the following three disciplines: mechanical design, cost estimating, financial modeling
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master's degree
- Documented examples where you have shown leadership in achieving challenging financial goals for a product from concept to mass production
- Experience with products where the costs for mechanical components, electrical components, and manufacturing are all significant elements of the cost model
- Strong understanding of the automotive industry
- Global work experience
Additional Job-Related Details
- Position located in Grand Blanc, MI. Post COVID-19, the employee will be expected to work primarily on-site during normal business hours
- Position will require periodic support in the mornings (as early as 7am for EU colleagues) and evenings (as late as 10pm for Asian colleagues, but those meetings can be taken from home)
- Travel: Possible visits to Mexico 1-3x per year and possibly one trip to EU or Asia every 12-18 months
At Molex we are building an inclusive environment of diverse employees where everyone is empowered to create value while working towards self-actualization. We pride ourselves on building an inclusive culture, international development and providing local community support where we operate. We believe in the transformative power of creating connections.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf